Wednesday, November 22, 2006

*cough*

Nothing happened today. Much. I have a cold. *cough*. And mozzie bites //scratch//.

Oh, yes, as we were driving to work today the road near the hotel was covered with mats - green ones and intricate knotted ones. There were also lots of BJP flags (one of the main political parties) - apparently some sort of rally or demonstration was about to happen - or perhaps had happened the night before (there was some loudness going on at about 1am as I was trying to get to sleep). The Prime Minister of India (Manmohan Singh) is hosting the Chinese president/prime minister (need to check) and so there are Meaningful Representations by Tibetans etc. about the unfairness of this. We have been Advised Not To Leave Our Hotel Unless Necessary (or something) by International Rescue (Actually International SOS - our medical insurance company - but International Rescue sounds much cooler - Thunderbirds Are Go!!!!)

I also used my internet connection to make a couple of long phone calls home (I might have mentioned them on yesterday's entry - but as I'm a night behind I'm getting confused about what happened when). Very nice to hear that Reason Notwithstanding, the Universe Continues Unabated.

Happy St Cecilia's Day!

No comments: