Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bandra Shopping

Today I took a half day holiday and went shopping in the morning with Adam, Rambill and Craig (who were hunting Levis).

I found shoe stalls (nothing I wanted in my size though... people with size 9s obviously don't want sparkly shoes here. Alas!)

I also went into a covered arcade of clothes stalls - they were rather pushy and the clothes weren't as pretty as the tops I saw in Delhi. Ah well.

Then I decided to head out and follow the gentlemen of the party to the more Western shops and see if I could find any bargains, but outside the arcade I discovered the weather had deteriorated: So I got back in the car and we went back to the hotel. (We only had a limited time anyway before work).



Work was as per usual: although had moderate frustrations getting my password reset (again - I've fallen into a password vortex I think: they all get sucked away from me) but it's working now. Cross fingers.

Big announcement today to colleagues about the project's future: put it this way, I will be continuing on the project for a while longer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy about your colleagues getting a big announcement; but can't family and friends have it too? Does it mean you won't manage the concert on Sunday?

Anonymous said...

Is that you in the back row of the line up in your colleague's Pune blog picture of a group visit to a place you haven't mentioned? And if it is, will you mention it now?

Janet said...

If you are going to be there for any length of time (or a repeated visit), perhaps you can find the man who makes the sparkly shoes and get him to do you some.

How about some 10 1/2s (find a chap who takes a euro size 45 as a model) while you're about it. Dark red; I'll give you the cash.

Livia said...

Wasn't me - if it was about the trip to Matheran. Didn't look any further back than that.
Announcement is basically that a little bit more back-office work is going to move to India so I will be busy back in the UK designing a training curriculum & training staff for another process.
Large sparkly shoes may be obtainable.. I have been told someone who can make them to order but too late now to get it done before I come home (Friday night!)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the fact that more work is going there means that you will, again, too. I hope so, as you clearly have quite a feel for the place.